Sunday 19 May 2013

All things Alice


It been a crazy few weeks with the Easter school holidays, trips away, various stubborn viruses and last but not least a distinctly absent "mojo".

Hence blogging, both following and posting, has been neglected.


Family day out in Suffolk
Easter at Anglesey Abbey, Cambridgshire


But spring has sprung and I'm back!

However, most stitching projects have been put on the back burner while my urge to create goes "free-range".

Next month, my daughter is having a Alice in Wonderland Birthday Party in our back garden and since then I've become obsessed with "everything Alice".



This was meant to be a small scale party on a limited budget. But, having impulsively blown most the budget on  the "entertainment" I'm reigning it back in by creating thrifty makes based on this theme.

There's so much scope for quirky and wild interpretation. There's a wealth of images and ideas to be found in the original texts, movies and of course on-line. I've become somewhat obsessed.

I love, love, love it!!!

Invitations have gone out on giant A3 playing cards which make quite a scale statement and the playground is buzzing with costume ideas. I have to say it's hard to work out who is more excited, the children or the parents!









The text layout does look a bit "off balance" in these pictures as I've edited out our address and phone number so avoid hoards of gatecrahsers!





 Meanwhile watch this Wonderland space.











2 comments:

  1. Cool - and I saw the toadstools on Facebook and they look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darn it, I so want to gatecrash! Brilliant idea for a party. Di x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog. All comments are greatly appreciated and were possible replied to. Please don't spam my blog - I'm currently moderating all comments to stop this. Thank you